VIABAL - Maritime heritage tourism
The main project targets the issue of fragmentation of the Baltic maritime heritage, i.e. the lack of a common vision and strategy on the use of maritime heritage around the Baltic Sea. By promoting a pan-Baltic vision and strategy on heritage, the project wants to contribute to help branding the region as a tourist destination. The project plans to involve all levels of institutions (local, national,international/pan-Baltic) in the process.
The primary objectives of the main project will be to increase the number of visitors from the Baltic Sea Region to rural coastal areas and to enhance the interaction between communities and people around the Baltic Sea. The secondary goals will be to increase business and job opportunities in the rural coastal areas and to increase the number of visitors from countries outside the Baltic Sea Region.
Seed money project partnership
• Landsort Maritime and Environmental Center (Lead Partner, SE)
• Polish Maritime Museum in Gdansk (PL)
• MTÜ Halulaev (EE)
• Tourism Office Rostock & Warnermünde, Bureau Hanse Sail (DE)
• Swedish Naval Museum in Karlskrona (SE)
• Hanse Association - Association for Promoting of International League of Cities THE HANSE e.V. (DE)
Seed money project’s total budget: 49,628.00 EUR
Mr Roland Steen
Tel.: +46 708 22 92 48