The Swedish Institute (SI) provides funding to start new collaborations or expand existing ones or to apply for funding from the EU and other sources.
SI offers two main forms of financial assistance: seed funding for shorter projects and funding for thematic partnerships for three-year cooperation projects.
Project activities must be aimed at developing conditions for long-lasting sustainable relations between organisations in the Baltic Sea region. The themes that shall be thematically covered include environment and energy, social issues and health, civil safety and security as well as innovation and regional development. Each project can receive funding of max. 50.000 Euro for up to one year. The main applicant must always be a Swedish organisation. Partner countries are Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia (with priority given to northwest Russia), Ukraine and Belarus as well as Georgia and Moldova (mainly higher education).
More information about Seed funding please click here.
The SI also offers funding for action-oriented projects which support cooperation between different sectors and participants. The objective is to create new, broad networks as well as a long-lasting cooperation in the Baltic Sea region. For the maximum of three years each pro-ject can be granted up to
Each project can receive funding of max. SEK 3 million for up to three years. The main appli-cant must always be a Swedish organisation. Partner countries are Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia (with priority given to northwest Russia), Ukraine and Belarus as well as Georgia and Moldova (mainly higher education).
More information about Thematic partnership please click here.
In the following you will find tourism-related projects in the Baltic Sea region supported by the Swedish Institute:
- Baltic Sea World Heritage - cooperation for prosperity
- Pre-study: Bridging past, present and future - Baltic Museums bonding for Baltic Branding
- Routes to the Maritime Heritage - increasing visivility and accessibility to the Baltic Maritime Heritage
- Create conditions for a certification system for ecotourism in the Baltic Sea region
- Business Generating Network and Toolbox for the Baltic Sea region
- Triple Bottom Line Approach for Sustainable Tourism Development in the BSR