Triple Bottom Line Approach for Sustainable Tourism Development in the BSR
This project aims to apply the triple bottom line approach (according to the “three pillars” of sustainability: our natural heritage, as well as economic and social issues) in order to find solutions for sustainable tourism development in the Baltic Sea region. This will be achieved in collaboration with industry organisations and other stakeholders in the region. The objectives are: 1) to create a partner network for a larger project application and 2) make SMEs and relevant industry organisations, especially those in the Baltic countries and Russia, more aware of the triple bottom line approach. The long-term goal is to create a common BSR brand of green tourism and develop the tourism sector that would be both profitable and sustainable.
Project duration: November 2013 - October 2014
Website please click here.
Lead partner, contact person, website
Martin Ahlberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baltic Environmental Forum, Lithuania
Estonian Ecotourism Association, Estonia
Fair Travel, Sweden
- Baltic Sea World Heritage - cooperation for prosperity
- Pre-study: Bridging past, present and future - Baltic Museums bonding for Baltic Branding
- Routes to the Maritime Heritage - increasing visivility and accessibility to the Baltic Maritime Heritage
- Create conditions for a certification system for ecotourism in the Baltic Sea region
- Business Generating Network and Toolbox for the Baltic Sea region